Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Performance Outreach Lead at Kickstarter
From the Martha Graham Dance Company’s 90th anniversary season to the immersive theatrical experience Then She Fell, Kickstarter has been home to productions by some of the most exciting performers and cultural institutions around the globe. As a full-time Performance Outreach Lead, you’ll shape Kickstarter’s Dance and Theater categories by inspiring dancers, thespians, and the organizations that support them to bring unique, innovative, and experimental projects to Kickstarter. The position falls under our Community Outreach team, whose mission is to sustain, build, and deepen our relationships with creative communities around the globe.
Our ideal candidate has experience working directly with cultural producers, and brings a strategic and imaginative viewpoint to the work of sharing creative projects with the world. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about the performing arts, and is eager to help more of that exist. You’ll be working to ensure that Kickstarter is brimming with dance and theater projects, so your knowledge of the contemporary performing arts communities, your communication skills, and your enthusiasm for working with diverse groups of all sorts must be world class.
In this role, you will:
- Inspire dancers, thespians, producers, institutions, and the broader performance community to integrate Kickstarter into their process.
- Develop and execute an inventive strategy to bring a broad range of creators (individuals and institutions) and projects to the dance and theater communities on Kickstarter.
- Be the initial touchpoint for helping creators shape the story of their campaign, and identify audiences most excited to engage with them.
- Contribute meaningfully to the vision and growth for the future of performance on Kickstarter.
- Reinforce Kickstarter’s voice and brand within the performance community, and ensure we’re an active and relevant participant in that conversation.
- Be a public representative for Kickstarter within the performance world — as a speaker, author, panelist, etc.
- You have 2–5 years of experience supporting artists in the contemporary visual and/or performing arts communities.
- You have proven experience in business development, community building, partnerships, or building long-term sustainability for an organization.
- You are imbedded in the performance world, and have deep ties and longstanding relationships with people in all corners of the industry.
- You have a genuine passion for the opportunity Kickstarter represents for performers and institutions, whether emerging or established.
- You have stellar writing skills and experience editing complex content to make it meaningful for diverse audiences.
- You are impeccably organized and capable of working on many projects at once without losing focus on the bigger picture.
- You are a self-starter, entrepreneurial, creative, energetic person with an eye for what will inspire people to support the arts.
- Bonus: You have been part of a team that has launched something new into the world and helped build it from the ground up.
If this sounds like you, please apply on our website! Send us your resume, some links to your work in digital marketing and writing, and a little bit about yourself and why you love Kickstarter.
This is a full-time, on-site position at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
For more information: