NYC Dance Field-Wide Calls
Updated: July 30, 2020 12:00pm.
Stay connected with NYC's Dance Community
Since May 28, 2020 Dance/NYC has been hosting weekly calls with the dance field to address pressing questions, needs, and plans for the future of dance in the metropolitan NYC area. The calls have focused on disseminating information related to COVID-19 and on facilitating resource-sharing amongst the dance community. Calls occur every Thursday, from 4:00 pm. – 5:00 p.m. Any member of the community is welcome to attend. Accessibility services including ASL interpretation and Closed captioning are provided upon confirmed requests in advance of each meeting (24hrs). Registration is required and free.
Below you can find the resources that we’ve gathered, as well as the documents Dance/NYC has been updating related to the calls.
This Week – 6.30.20
TOPIC: Digital Instruction Strategies
Presenters from Mark Morris Dance Center and New York Theater Ballet will share their organization’s experiences with digital instruction and their plans going forward. We’ll highlight the latest advocacy news, and participants will have an opportunity to share any reopening related updates.
- Reopening Documents: Add your comments and suggestions to our Reopening Considerations Documents for Indoor Activity, Outdoor Activity, Indoor Performance, Outdoor Performance, and Touring. They will be closed for comments on Friday, July 24th at 5:00pm.
- If you would like to join the working groups for any of these documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation $600/wk relief ended July 25th. ExtendPUA is advocating for pandemic relief to continue until the pandemic is over; see their action items for more information.
- Sign on letter: The PPP Coalition is an ad hoc grassroots coalition of local, regional, and national entities from the "last-to-reopen" sectors of the American economy. They seek to improve PPP through a few key changes to the program that will benefit all borrowers, small businesses and nonprofits, regardless of their industry.
- Write: Congress asking them to approve emergency supplemental funding for the arts - this campaign is led by Actors' Equity Association
Dance/NYC Field-Wide Call Documents
- NYC Field-Wide Call FAQs: This document contains answers to questions we’ve received, as well as links to resources related to Advocacy, Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Funding, Reopening, Dance Online, Racial Justice, and Reimagining the Future. Updated weekly
- Running Agenda: To see what we’ve been discussing and access any additional resources mentioned during the calls, check this document. Updated weekly