NYC Dance Field-Wide Calls
Updated: April 12, 2021 9:00 a.m.
Stay connected with NYC's Dance Community
Since May 28, 2020 Dance/NYC has been hosting weekly calls with the dance field to address pressing questions, needs, and plans for the future of dance in the metropolitan NYC area. The calls have focused on disseminating information related to COVID-19 and on facilitating resource-sharing amongst the dance community. Calls occur every Thursday, from 4:00 pm. – 5:00 p.m. Any member of the community is welcome to attend. Accessibility services including ASL interpretation and Closed captioning are provided upon confirmed requests in advance of each meeting (24hrs). Registration is required and free.
Below you can find the resources that we’ve gathered, as well as the documents Dance/NYC has been updating related to the calls.
Field-Wide Call: Dance/USA Task Force on Dancer Health
Dance/NYC will share resources and the latest advocacy updates. Our guest speakers this week will be Dr. Kathleen Davenport and Dr. Mandy Blackmon, who will share information on the Dance/USA Task Force on Dancer Health and new updates from the task force.
Be an Arts Hero: There are multiple ways to be an #ArtsHero. Find and call your senators and use The #ArtsHero Action Packet. Come together to support our Arts and Culture sector by calling your senators to incite change with our asks.
- ExtendPUA is advocating for pandemic relief to continue until the pandemic is over; see their action items for more information.
- The Action Network is urging you to directly contact your State elected officials about the challenges you and the entire NYC dance field are experiencing as a result of the pandemic, with a special focus on why universal health care is essential and the difference it will make in your life. Use the Letter for Dancers to contact state representatives requesting support for the NY Health Act.
- Write: Congress asking them to approve emergency supplemental funding for the arts - this campaign is led by Actors' Equity Association
Dance/NYC Field-Wide Call Documents
- NYC Field-Wide Call FAQs: This document contains answers to questions we’ve received, as well as links to resources related to Advocacy, Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Funding, Reopening, Dance Online, Racial Justice, and Reimagining the Future. Updated Bi-weekly
- Running Agenda + Notes from Calls: To see what we’ve been discussing and access any additional resources mentioned during the calls, check this document. Updated weekly
Past Meeting Calendar and Topics
- 4.8.21 De-escalation Training for Dance Studios
- 3.11.21 Open Floor
- 3.4.21 Open Culture Works
- 2.18.21 Artist Prepardedness and Emergency Response
- 2.11.21 Indoor/Outdoor Programming
- 2.4.21 International Association of Dance Medicine and Science
- 1.28.21 Dance/NYC Symposium
- 1.21.21 Community discussion on Open Culture
- 1.14.21 Artist Visas during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 1.7.21 Virtual Fundraising
- 12.17.20 Commissioner Gonzalo Casals/Reopening Dance in NYC website
- 12.10.20 Open Culture
- 12.3.20 Dance Rising + On Display: Public Dance Displays
- 11.19.20 Virtual Festivals: Wade into Activisim
- 11.12.20 Q&A with Director of Dance Medicine on COVID protocols
- 11.5.20 Post Election Debrief
- 10.29.20 International Association of Blacks in Dance
- 10.22.20 Group Updates
- 10.15.20 Reopening Discussion on In-Person Performances
- 10.8.20 Get out the Vote
- 10.1.20 Reopening Studios
- 9.24.20 Open Floor
- 9.17.20 Use of Public Spaces
- 9.10.20 Dance Studios Reopening
- 8.13.20 Elisa Monte Bubble Residency
- 8.6.20 Rental Space
- 7.30.20 Education + Digital Instruction
- 7.23.20 Advocacy News + Group Updates
- 7.16.20 Bubble Residencies + HVAC
- 7.9.20 Advocacy Updates + Mayor's Office
- 7.2.20 Dance/NYC Reopening Documents
- 6.25.20 Phase 2 Reopening + Legal Questions
- 6.18.20 Outdoor Performance + Advocacy Updates
- 6.11.20 Continuation of BLM + Reopening
- 6.04.20 BLM + Racial Justice
- 5.28.20 Introduction