NYC Dance Field-Wide Calls
Updated: November 22, 2021 10:00 a.m.
Stay connected with NYC's Dance Community
Since May 28, 2020 Dance/NYC has been hosting weekly calls with the dance field to address pressing questions, needs, and plans for the future of dance in the metropolitan NYC area. The calls have focused on disseminating information related to COVID-19 and on facilitating resource-sharing amongst the dance community. Starting in May 2021, calls occur every other week on Thursdays, from 4:00 pm. – 5:00 p.m. Any member of the community is welcome to attend. Accessibility services including ASL interpretation and Closed captioning are provided upon confirmed requests in advance of each meeting (24hrs). Registration is required and free. Note that you only need to register once to be added to the list for all future calls.
Below you can find the resources that we’ve gathered, as well as the documents Dance/NYC has been updating related to the calls.
Field-Wide Call | December 2nd
Guest Speaker: Carolyn Pautz, Director of Research & Strategy,
Rising Tides Research Institute
Dance/NYC will share resources and the latest advocacy updates. Carolyn Pautz, Director of Research & Strategy at Arts Business Collaborative's Rising Tides Research Institute (RTRI), will share findings and recommendations based on RTRI's latest research.
- Visit the Dance/NYC Advocacy page to take action for arts and artists.
- Visit the Advocacy Resources page to learn more about how you can get involved.
- Visit the Reopening Dance in NYC Digital Toolkit for resources and information on safe reopening practices.
Dance/NYC Field-Wide Call Documents
- NYC Field-Wide Call FAQs: This document contains answers to questions we’ve received, as well as links to resources related to Advocacy, Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Funding, Reopening, Dance Online, Racial Justice, and Reimagining the Future. Updated bi-weekly
- Running Agenda + Notes from Calls: To see what we’ve been discussing and access any additional resources mentioned during the calls, check this document. Updated bi-weekly
Past Meeting Calendar and Topics
- 11.18.21 All Senses Go
- 11.04.21 The Power of the Performing Arts
- 10.14.21 Vaccines for Dancers Town Hall | Revisit the recording!
- 9.30.21 Latinx Dance Educators Alliance
- 9.16.21 Artist Care Act
- 9.09.21 Key to NYC | Revisit the recording!
- 8.19.21 Dancers Amplified
- 8.05.21 Women of Color in the Arts
- 7.22.21 Putting Creative Workers to Work
- 7.8.21 Creating New Futures
- 6.24.21 Making Homes for the Arts in Sacred Places
- 6.10.21 Be An #ArtsHero
- 5.27.21 Cultural Plan for Recovery and Reopening
- 4.29.21 Nonprofit Advocacy
- 4.22.21 Works & Process at the Guggenheim
- 4.15.21 Dance/USA Taskforce on Dancer Health
- 4.8.21 De-escalation Training for Dance Studios | Revisit the recording!
- 3.11.21 Open Floor
- 3.4.21 Open Culture Works
- 2.18.21 Artist Prepardedness and Emergency Response
- 2.11.21 Indoor/Outdoor Programming
- 2.4.21 International Association of Dance Medicine and Science
- 1.28.21 Dance/NYC Symposium
- 1.21.21 Community discussion on Open Culture
- 1.14.21 Artist Visas during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 1.7.21 Virtual Fundraising
- 12.17.20 Commissioner Gonzalo Casals/Reopening Dance in NYC website
- 12.10.20 Open Culture
- 12.3.20 Dance Rising + On Display: Public Dance Displays
- 11.19.20 Virtual Festivals: Wade into Activisim
- 11.12.20 Q&A with Director of Dance Medicine on COVID protocols
- 11.5.20 Post Election Debrief
- 10.29.20 International Association of Blacks in Dance
- 10.22.20 Group Updates
- 10.15.20 Reopening Discussion on In-Person Performances
- 10.8.20 Get out the Vote
- 10.1.20 Reopening Studios
- 9.24.20 Open Floor
- 9.17.20 Use of Public Spaces
- 9.10.20 Dance Studios Reopening
- 8.13.20 Elisa Monte Bubble Residency
- 8.6.20 Rental Space
- 7.30.20 Education + Digital Instruction
- 7.23.20 Advocacy News + Group Updates
- 7.16.20 Bubble Residencies + HVAC
- 7.9.20 Advocacy Updates + Mayor's Office
- 7.2.20 Dance/NYC Reopening Documents
- 6.25.20 Phase 2 Reopening + Legal Questions
- 6.18.20 Outdoor Performance + Advocacy Updates
- 6.11.20 Continuation of BLM + Reopening
- 6.04.20 BLM + Racial Justice
- 5.28.20 Introduction