NYC Dance Field-Wide Calls
Updated: August 5, 2022 1:00 p.m.
Stay connected with NYC's Dance Community
Since May 28, 2020 Dance/NYC has been hosting calls with the dance field to address pressing questions, needs, and plans for the future of dance in the metropolitan NYC area. The calls have focused on disseminating information related to COVID-19 and on facilitating resource-sharing amongst the dance community.
Starting in January 2022, calls occur monthly on the third Thursday of the month from 4:00 pm. – 5:00 p.m. Any member of the community is welcome to attend.
Accessbility for the calls: CART captioning services will be provided for the Field-Wide Call. Additional accessibility services, including ASL interpretation, can be provided upon confirmed requests in advance of each meeting (24hrs). Email [email protected] for accessibility service requests.
Registration is required and free. Note that you only need to register once to be added to the list for all future calls.
Field-Wide Call | August 18th 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Check back for more information soon
CART captioning will be provided. Additional accessibility services, including ASL interpretation, are available upon request with registration up to 24 hours in advance of the meeting, or email [email protected].
Below you can find the resources that we’ve gathered, as well as the documents Dance/NYC has been updating related to the calls.
- Visit the Dance/NYC Advocacy page to take action for arts and artists.
- Visit the Advocacy Resources page to learn more about how you can get involved.
- Visit the Reopening Dance in NYC Digital Toolkit for resources and information on safe reopening practices.
- Running Agenda + Notes from Calls: To see what we’ve been discussing and access any additional resources mentioned during the calls, check this document.
Past Meeting Calendar and Topics
- 7.21.22 Dance Industry Census
- 6.16.22 Testimony Workshop: Cultural Institutions and Disability Access | Revisit the recording
- 5.19.22 Support for Dance Artists in Ukraine
- 4.21.22 Advocacy Updates and Resources with the Dance/NYC team
- 2.17.22 Creatives Rebuild New York + Arts Insurance Program
- 1.20.22 Reopening Dance in NYC | Revisit the recording
- 12.16.21 Dance Data Project®
- 12.02.21 Rising Tides Research Institute
- 11.18.21 All Senses Go
- 11.04.21 The Power of the Performing Arts
- 10.14.21 Vaccines for Dancers Town Hall | Revisit the recording
- 9.30.21 Latinx Dance Educators Alliance
- 9.16.21 Artist Care Act
- 9.09.21 Key to NYC | Revisit the recording
- 8.19.21 Dancers Amplified
- 8.05.21 Women of Color in the Arts
- 7.22.21 Putting Creative Workers to Work
- 7.8.21 Creating New Futures
- 6.24.21 Making Homes for the Arts in Sacred Places
- 6.10.21 Be An #ArtsHero
- 5.27.21 Cultural Plan for Recovery and Reopening
- 4.29.21 Nonprofit Advocacy
- 4.22.21 Works & Process at the Guggenheim
- 4.15.21 Dance/USA Taskforce on Dancer Health
- 4.8.21 De-escalation Training for Dance Studios | Revisit the recording
- 3.11.21 Open Floor
- 3.4.21 Open Culture Works
- 2.18.21 Artist Prepardedness and Emergency Response
- 2.11.21 Indoor/Outdoor Programming
- 2.4.21 International Association of Dance Medicine and Science
- 1.28.21 Dance/NYC Symposium
- 1.21.21 Community discussion on Open Culture
- 1.14.21 Artist Visas during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 1.7.21 Virtual Fundraising
- 12.17.20 Commissioner Gonzalo Casals/Reopening Dance in NYC website
- 12.10.20 Open Culture
- 12.3.20 Dance Rising + On Display: Public Dance Displays
- 11.19.20 Virtual Festivals: Wade into Activisim
- 11.12.20 Q&A with Director of Dance Medicine on COVID protocols
- 11.5.20 Post Election Debrief
- 10.29.20 International Association of Blacks in Dance
- 10.22.20 Group Updates
- 10.15.20 Reopening Discussion on In-Person Performances
- 10.8.20 Get out the Vote
- 10.1.20 Reopening Studios
- 9.24.20 Open Floor
- 9.17.20 Use of Public Spaces
- 9.10.20 Dance Studios Reopening
- 8.13.20 Elisa Monte Bubble Residency
- 8.6.20 Rental Space
- 7.30.20 Education + Digital Instruction
- 7.23.20 Advocacy News + Group Updates
- 7.16.20 Bubble Residencies + HVAC
- 7.9.20 Advocacy Updates + Mayor's Office
- 7.2.20 Dance/NYC Reopening Documents
- 6.25.20 Phase 2 Reopening + Legal Questions
- 6.18.20 Outdoor Performance + Advocacy Updates
- 6.11.20 Continuation of BLM + Reopening
- 6.04.20 BLM + Racial Justice
- 5.28.20 Introduction