NYC Dance Field-Wide Calls
Updated: September 17, 2020 1pm.
Stay connected with NYC's Dance Community
Since May 28, 2020 Dance/NYC has been hosting weekly calls with the dance field to address pressing questions, needs, and plans for the future of dance in the metropolitan NYC area. The calls have focused on disseminating information related to COVID-19 and on facilitating resource-sharing amongst the dance community. Calls occur every Thursday, from 4:00 pm. – 5:00 p.m. Any member of the community is welcome to attend. Accessibility services including ASL interpretation and Closed captioning are provided upon confirmed requests in advance of each meeting (24hrs). Registration is required and free.
Below you can find the resources that we’ve gathered, as well as the documents Dance/NYC has been updating related to the calls.
This Week – 9.24.20
TOPIC: Open Floor Group Discussion
We will also share the latest federal advocacy efforts for arts relief, and open the floor for questions and discussion.
- Be an Arts Hero: There are multiple ways to be an #ArtsHero. Find and call your senators and use The #ArtsHero Action Packet. Come together to support our Arts and Culture sector by calling your senators to incite change with our asks.
- Write: The Save Our Stages Act, spearheaded by the National Independent Venue Association (NIVA), has been introduced to the Senate. The bill has been expanded to include nonprofits and venues of all kinds. Write to your legislators to support this bill.
- Call: Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation $600/wk relief ended July 25th. ExtendPUA is advocating for pandemic relief to continue until the pandemic is over; see their action items for more information.
- Sign on letter: The PPP Coalition is an ad hoc grassroots coalition of local, regional, and national entities from the "last-to-reopen" sectors of the American economy. They seek to improve PPP through a few key changes to the program that will benefit all borrowers, small businesses and nonprofits, regardless of their industry.
- Write: Congress asking them to approve emergency supplemental funding for the arts - this campaign is led by Actors' Equity Association
Dance/NYC Field-Wide Call Documents
- NYC Field-Wide Call FAQs: This document contains answers to questions we’ve received, as well as links to resources related to Advocacy, Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Funding, Reopening, Dance Online, Racial Justice, and Reimagining the Future. Updated weekly
- Running Agenda: To see what we’ve been discussing and access any additional resources mentioned during the calls, check this document. Updated weekly