Dance. Workforce. Resilience. Initiative
Monday, July 25, 2022
What are the accessibility features of the Dance Industry Census?
Because we recognize that individuals have a variety of needs, we have provided a number of ways in which the Dance Industry Census can be completed, including:
- Online on mobile or desktop interfaces through the Alchemer survey platform;
- Dance/NYC follows best practices for building accessible surveys, including measures for high color contrast, low vision mode, plain language, and survey logic structure.
- The Alchemer survey platform used to administer the Dance Industry Census contains a range of accessibility features.
- Alchemer is compatible with screen reader technology and includes a tool that helps Dance/NYC understand the level of accessibility of any given survey programming.
- Alchemer is compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- No images or video content will be used in the survey.
- In person on designated Survey Days at Survey Sites throughout the New York City metropolitan area;
- Paper surveys as made available for reference at Survey Sites
- Braille copies of the Introduction/Consent part of the surveys are also available at designated survey sites where canvassers can provide additional assistance in completing the Census on site.
- PDF surveys for reference or to be submitted via email to [email protected];
- Braille copies of both the Individual and Organization/Entity surveys are available upon request for reference; or
- By phone during Dance Industry Census office hours every Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. by calling (212) 966-4452 (voice only)
For additional access considerations or questions, please email [email protected]. You can learn more about Alchemer’s accessibility compliance and features by visiting https://help.alchemer.com/help/alchemer-accessibility-compliance.