Friday, November 8, 2019
ChristinaNoel & The Creature seeking: Contemporary Dancers with Vocal Abilities
Company: ChristinaNoel & The Creature
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Compensation: monthly rehearsal stipend, performance stipends
Calling dancers who fit into many categories:
ChristinaNoel & The Creature seeks artists for their upcoming season. The Creature, led by Artistic Director ChristinaNoel Reaves, is a Brooklyn-based experimental dance theater company producing immersive performance pieces. Comprised of dancers, musicians, and visual artists, the hybrid performance medium utilizes the dancers’ voices, bodies, and individual perspectives of the world.
- monthly stipends and competitive performance pay
- 2 rehearsals each week (Tuesday OR Thursday evenings, and Saturday afternoons)
- rehearsal and performance commitment through May season (which includes one week in an NYC theater), with potential to stay on
ChristinaNoel is looking for highly technical dancers (trained in classical and contemporary forms) with the ability to sing and with experience in partnering and contact improvisation. Your ability to be vulnerable as an actor will be highly utilized. Rehearsals typically include: vocal warmup, rhythm music exercises, improv skits, acting work, and rehearsing and generating highly physical material--a large amount of material is co-created and developed from improvisation.
You must also have interest in working and performing with kids. ChristinaNoel leads a youth company, The Ephyras, whose dancers range in age 3 - 14, and (in addition to The Creature's self-produced concerts), Creature artists perform in their shows. We seek artistic leaders who value the creative experience of contemporary dance theatre being brought to children.
SUN 11/24 10am - 12pm
Spoke The Hub Gowanus Arts Annex
298 Butler St, Brooklyn
Please arrive with enough time to be ready to go at 10am.
1) Send a resume to email@example.com
2) In the body of your email, tell us:
- your name
- if you were any kind of creature, what would you be? (And be honest: we all want to say we'd be dragons, but if you are a platypus at heart, we want to know)
3) Optional: include a video link of you dancing (reel or strong performance with cue points in your email) and/or video of you singing. Links only, attachments will not be watched.
Deadline to apply: MON 11/18
Selected artists will be notified by email by WED 11/20
*If selected, please prepare something you can sing a cappella at the audition. It can be an opera aria, a folk song, a Christmas song--something that makes you feel like yourself.
Above all, ChristinaNoel is most interested in artists who are strong individuals and strong individual performers.
ChristinaNoel & The Creature
For more information:
Phoebe Rose Sandford