Thursday, February 20, 2020
Apply to CREST: 2nd Annual Creature Fest
Present your work at CREST: 2nd Annual Creature Fest, hosted by ChristinaNoel & The Creature. ChristinaNoel & The Creature is a Brooklyn-based dance theater company producing immersive performance pieces that aim to envelop viewers in multi-textured environments derived from human connections and encounters. The Creature’s mission is to push the boundaries of dance performance, and we are looking for like-minded choreographers whose dance work mixes mediums, such as theatre, vocalization, live music, visuals, or anything else you’ve dreamed up. Selected choreographers and/or companies will show their pieces in an evening at the Mark O’Donnell Theater at the Actors Fund Arts Center.
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2020
Call Time: 6:30
Tech: Thursday, May 14 throughout the day (time slots will be assigned closer to performance)
Location: 160 Schermerhorn Street, Brooklyn
Additionally, this year we will select two applicants to open for ChristinaNoel & The Creature for their season performance on either Friday, May 15 at 8pm or Saturday, May 16 at 8pm. Show opener pieces should be 15 - 30 minutes in length. Applicants will have the option to be considered for this opportunity in addition to CREST, though if you are chosen to open a Creature performance, you will not be part of the CREST lineup on May 14. Tech time to be determined, though most likely the day of your performance.
Know Before You Apply:
- Free to apply and participate
- Choreographers and performers will be given one free ticket to ChristinaNoel & The Creature’s 8th season, performance dates May 15, 16, and 17.
- Piece should be 5 - 12 min
- Performers and choreographers are asked to stay for the entire performance and to participate as an audience member whenever they can--collaborative work is all about support!
- Choreographers will receive free professional photographs of their work. We may film the evening if enough choreographers have interest, for a small fee.
- Applications are accepted through Tuesday, February 25; notification will be given by Friday, March 6
- Questions can be directed to Phoebe at email@example.com
Thank you for applying!
ChristinaNoel & The Creature
For more information: