Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Pilobolus seeks an energetic, good-humored and motivated individual with a passion to learn to assist in the planning, organization and day-to-day administrative operations of the New York City office. The person in this position would support many different kinds of projects over the course of the year, live performances, films, fundraisers, education programs and collaborations with outside artists from all disciplines. Environment is fast-paced, creative and highly collaborative.
Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
Based in Manhattan, NYC
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General Admin: Drafting letters and email correspondence, manage company calendars, maintain and update CRM, note taking and agenda preparation for meetings, keeping track of office supplies
- Coordinating travel arrangements for Executive Producer
- Maintaining and updating files and archives
- Assist in cultivating the brand of Pilobolus at a local, regional and national level through communication strategies including print, broadcast and video projects.
- Independently maintain and implement consistent brand voice on social media, engaging with digital communities, tracking relevant KPI’s and implementing growth strategies and brand visibility
- Occasionally attending various company programs, such as previews and special events, at times in evenings or on weekends
- Occasional day travel to the Connecticut office may be required
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in arts, liberal arts, or business administration
- 1+ years experience in a performing arts, marketing, or advertising administrative office
- Great attention to detail, proactive, self-motivated
- Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Apps. File compression, simple video editing and Adobe Suite a plus
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and responsibility
- Ability to assess and manage multiple competing priorities and work well under pressure; Excellent time management, problem solving and analytical skills; Ability to complete multiple projects successfully
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible character and a great sense of humor
- A passion for Pilobolus’s mission
The Company: Founded in 1971, Pilobolus has built an international following on its commitment to the human body as the ultimate medium of expression and the collective mind as its ultimate architect. With offices in Washington Depot, Connecticut and New York City, in recent years Pilobolus has expanded from avant-garde dance troupe into an entertainment company involved in the creation and distribution of dance, live performances, advertising, publishing, film, and music videos throughout the world (the company was nominated in 2012 for a Grammy® for the OK Go video “All is Not Lost”), without ever losing sight of its core mission: to make art that builds community.
Pilobolus is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
18 E 16th St. Suite 308
New York, NY, 10003
For more information: