Thursday, January 10, 2019
Box Office Manager and Marketing Assistant at Peridance
Company: Peridance Capezio Center
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Hourly pay. Unlimited Dance Classes.
FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE
Peridance is Seeking a Box Office Manager and Marketing Assistant. This newly developed part-time position encompasses several duties, contributing to the overall success of Peridance Capezio Center. The scope of the job requires attendance at evening and/or weekend activities and performances.
1. Manage the the Salvatore Capezio Theater’s Box Office
- Manage daily box office operations including ticket sales and seating arrangements
- Assist with ticketing and customer service
- Prepare cash deposit and reconcile sales
- Set up events, update, and troubleshoot “Tickeleap”, the theater’s computerized ticketing system
- Schedule and organize staff and work-study for events
- Help to assure that audience members receive good customer service and have a positive experience
2. Coordinate special events and receptions
- Plan, prepare, and coordinate in-house receptions
- Assist with the Annual Gala
3. Contribute to the marketing efforts of the center
- Provide assistant to the marketing department with daily marketing and promotional activities
- Assist the office coordinator with domestic scholarships and events that are outside of Peridance
- Order, catalog, monitor, and promote the center’s various merchandise
- A high school diploma or the equivalent is required.
- At least two years experience is required in positions that require daily contact with the public and responsibility for cash management.
- Box office experience or related work experience in the entertainment or dance field is preferred.
- Prior experience with Ticketleap is a big plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, supervisory skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, particularly in dealing with the public
- Computer literacy in Mac environment is required.
- Experience in Photoshop and Final Cut
- Experience with sharing content via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, email blasts, and websites.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Connection Building
The new hire will work directly under the Operational Manager and the Director of Development. He or she will work closely with the Theater Manager, Departments heads, and the Media Coordinator.
This position offers 20-25 hours a week. Hourly pay. Unlimited Dance Classes.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio/work samples to Yarden Ronen-van Heerden with subject line “Box Office” at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peridance Capezio Center
126 East 13th Street
New York, NY, 10003
For more information:
Yarden Ronen-van Heerden