Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Dancewave Internship: Special Events & Marketing
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Compensation: Monthly travel stipend; Free dance and fitness classes
SPECIAL EVENTS & MARKETING INTERNSHIP
Dancewave seeks an intern to assist the Special Events Coordinator and Communications, Marketing & Design Coordinator in the production of events including Dancewave Through College & Beyond (DTCB), New Dancewave Center Grand Opening, and Moving Together at Brooklyn Bridge Park. Skills cultivated during this internship will assist aspiring individuals in pursuing a career in event management, non-profit fundraising, and marketing/social media management.
Dancewave provides access to a community dance experience that encourages individuality and whole-person development throughout New York City and beyond.
HOURS: This is a part-time, 15-20 hours/week position for approximately six months. The selected candidate will work primarily at Dancewave’s office in Brooklyn, NY, with occasional off-site visits.
INTERNSHIP DURATION: 6-8 months
START DATE: Mid-May 2018
• Assist with planning, execution, and follow up of events
• Coordinate and manage volunteer committee for Dancewave Through College & Beyond
• Hands-on assistance in fundraising, sponsorships, in-kind donations, and press with the Special Events department
• Coordinate event documentation, advertising, and promotion, in conjunction with the Marketing department
• Respond to emails and telephone inquiries regarding events and registration
• Process registration, sponsorship, and other payments in Dancewave’s online database (Salesforce)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to be flexible and willing to assist in other tasks as assigned
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Should be available all day on the following dates:
• June 1st, 7th, & 8th, 2019 (Grand Opening)
• October 12th, 13th, & 14th, 2019 (for DTCB)
• Knowledge of dance and interest in dance education and special events
• Familiarity with Salesforce (or similar database) or Adobe Creative Suite
• Familiarity with social media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Please email resume and cover letter to jobs [at] dancewave.org, with the subject title “Special Events & Marketing Intern.”
Dancewave is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining an inclusive and equitable work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected class. Dancewave is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values community, teamwork, creativity, understanding, and appreciation. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
182 4th Ave
Brooklyn, NY, 11217
For more information: