Tuesday, August 20, 2019
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Arts Administration Internship
Pentacle is seeking part-time interns for our Fall 2019 session of our Internship Program. The session will run September 30 - November 22.
The Internship Program matches interns with performing artists and artist service organizations, providing an unparalleled opportunity for both hands-on work experience and personalized professional development. Previous companies have included Dance/NYC, Hi-ARTS, Davalois Fearon Dance, Amanda Selwyn Dance Theatre, Emily Schoen, and many more!
Participants will work with their matched company for 10 hours per week over an 8 week period.
Work responsibilities may include:
- assistance with archival projects
- development research
- production preparation
- collaboration on website development
- marketing & social media assistance
- projects specific to the company's needs
Interns are also required to attend weekly Professional Development seminars covering topics in arts administration and career exploration, with arts professionals who are both emerging voices and leaders in the field. These weekly meetings act as an open forum for the cohort to share their concerns and successes with each other and their mentors, as they navigate working with their companies.
The Internship Program requires a commitment of 10 hours/week for the internship with the matched company, and 3 hours/week for the seminar (likely Tuesdays or Wednesdays) at Pentacle over the 8 weeks of the program.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Interest in working with both emerging and established performing arts companies, as well as an interest in the greater performing arts field & nonprofit administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Diligent and self-motivated work ethic
- Desire to work individually, as well as part of a team
- Positive, open and engaged approach
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Considered & personalized match with artist or artist service organization
- Weekly training seminars in arts administration
- Peer-to-peer learning and discussion
- Dedicated Pentacle mentor
- Guest lectures by professionals in the field
- Leadership development
- Practice in Producing & Strategic Planning
This is an unpaid internship. College credit may be arranged. Recent graduates may apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out our online application (available in English and Spanish) and upload your resume and cover letter as PDFs at the link below. Please note that the internship experience and seminars will be conducted in English.
INTERN APPLICATIONS ARE DUE AUGUST 16.
For more information:
Pentacle is a not-for-profit management support organization for small to mid-sized companies, and project-based artists working within dance. Pentacle’s mission is to provide these communities with flexible and affordable management support grounded within our expertise. Our Education and Outreach programs nurture early professional development through mentoring and partnerships to foster multiple pathways in the arts and stimulate the field.
75 Broad Street Suite 304
New York, NY, 10004
For more information: