Saturday, September 14, 2019
Program Director - The School at Peridance
Company: Peridance Capezio Center
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and prior experience.
For Immediate Hire
Peridance Capezio Center is seeking to hire a full-time Program Director for The School at Peridance, the Center’s Children Division.
Peridance Capezio Center (established in 1983 by Artistic Director Igal Perry) is one of New York City's leading dance-education organizations, catering to children of all ages, pre-professionals, and adults who are dancers at heart. The Center is located at a landmark building in Manhattan, one block south of Union Square.
The Program Director will be responsible for the program's overall success and will serve as the primary liaison between faculty, staff, students, and parents. The Program Director plans, coordinates and oversees the school’s class schedule, the pre-professional Core Program, Summer Camps, and Annual Performances. The Program Director works closely with the Artistic Director in placement and evaluation of students, faculty selection, and program curation. The Program Director is assisted by a full-time School Coordinator, Interns, and Work-Studies.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage all administrative responsibilities, including student registration, auditions, scheduling of classes, program and curriculum development, staffing, and finances.
- Plan and implement all school programs during the academic year and summer in accordance with the school schedule.
- Assist families with registration and enrollment.
- Supervise program faculty and monitor their curricular implementation, evaluations, and efficacy in the classroom.
- Coordinate with students and families, both current and prospective.
- Strategize for program growth and development in coordination with the Center administration.
- Maintain program budgets and monitor tuition payments.
- Coordinate with the program’s student companies such as the Peridance Youth Ensemble to integrate them into all school activities and schedules.
- Coordinate the School’s annual Nutcracker and Year-End Concerts and associated responsibilities such as scheduling and costume orders.
- Assist with center-wide events and programs as they related to the program.
- A minimum 5 years prior experience in dance education & classroom experience.
- Extensive knowledge of dance education practices and dance technique for multiple genres and ages.
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience in a similar education or arts organization.
- Experience with MindBody software.
- Compassionate and comfortable communicating with student families and staff regarding personal matters.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and time-efficient, capable of working in a fast-paced work environment that requires multitasking.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills to successfully supervise and manage faculty and student body.
- Ability to collaborate and support fellow coworkers. Peridance has a communal office environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain direct relationships with students and families.
How To Apply:
This is a full-time job that may require weekend availability based on school events. Interested candidates should submit letter of interest and resume to Mr. Yarden Ronen-van Heerden at email@example.com, subject line “School at Peridance Program Director”. Position is open until filled. Peridance Capezio Center is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Peridance Capezio Center please go to: Peridance.com.
Peridance Capezio Center
126 East 13th Street
New York, NY, 10003
For more information:
Yarden Ronen-van Heerden