Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Institutional Giving Internship
Company: New York Live Arts
Location: New York City, NY
Compensation: Course Credit; Unpaid Internship
New York Live Arts (Live Arts) seeks an Institutional Giving Intern to support the operations of its institutional giving program, comprised of foundation, government, and corporate giving components. The Institutional Giving Intern will provide administrative, writing, and research support for institutional giving initiatives. Interns will report to the Institutional Giving Manager and Chief Development Officer.
In addition to the qualifications below, the position requires discretion and confidentiality with regard to donor information and other activities of New York Live Arts. The position will have opportunities to attend performances and other events at Live Arts and some affiliated organizations.
Interns will learn how to:
- Assist in drafting and proofreading of proposals and reports for foundation and corporate donors;
- Perform general administrative duties including prospect research, maintaining deadline calendar, preparing receipts and letters of acknowledgment, and maintaining current and accurate donor records in grant-related tracking and filing systems;
- liaise with other staff as advised to collect attendance data and information on Live Arts’ activities;
- manage Institutional Giving mailing lists and draft e-blasts;
- collaborate with other Development staff on fundraising projects as needed;
- Excellent written, editing and proofreading skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to multiple deadlines
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ideal candidate will possess strong administrative and organizational abilities, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and capacity to learn how to utilize fundraising databases. Must be detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple assignments in a busy environment.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will have a desire to enter or advance within the Development field and to learn and develop institutional fundraising skills. Interest in the performing arts preferred.
- Flexible hours per week available, but the minimum is 8 hours for the duration one season/semester (3-4 months). - Schedule to be mutually agreed upon with the Institutional Giving Manager.
- Must be a recent college graduate or currently enrolled in a degree, certificate, or enrichment seeking program.
Inquiries can be submitted to: Lisa Willis, Institutional Giving Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
New York Live Arts
219 West 19th Street
New York City, NY, 10011
For more information: