Saturday, July 6, 2019
NACHMO Seeking Advisory Board Members
NACHMO (National Choreography Month) is seeking a dance lover who can help an organization with terrific momentum take its next big step. Each January, NACHMO spurs choreographers, dancers, and movement enthusiasts to make new work by providing a month-long deadline and a community of peers. We offer opportunities for participants to share their new work with each other and with the public in both informal and fully produced shows. In 2019 over 300 dance artists from across the country participated in making new work, with shows in Brooklyn, Boston, Chicago, Kansas City, Lafayette, Los Angeles, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Washington, DC.
We’re currently seeking 4 volunteers with skills or interest in arts administration and community building to sit on our Advisory Board.
Attend monthly Advisory Board meetings. Our Advisory Board is comprised of a knowledgeable and fun group of co-schemers who work on a volunteer basis to organize and produce NACHMO in NYC. We meet once a month, either in Manhattan or over Skype.
Take on one of the following projects, or pitch your own:
- Work with our Programming Director to plan and run events where NACHMO participants can meet, network, explore their creative process, and workshop their pieces
- Advise NACHMO on branding
- Oversee the website, keeping it current and visually attractive
- Take the lead on choreographer recruitment between October - December
- Develop institutional partnerships with organizations whose missions align with ours
We welcome people from all backgrounds and at all stages of their careers. NACHMO is a place to take risks in a friendly and supportive environment - we’re all really nice! You can learn more about us at www.nachmo.org
If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a short introduction. We'll be in touch!