May, 15-29, 2020
Company: Movement Research
Venue: Movement Research Online
Location: New York, NY
Movement Research is excited to offer
Releasing Technique with Julie Mayo online via Zoom
About this class:
Open to all. In these sessions we will allow for spontaneous movement, stillness, and imagination to take precedence. Using poetic imagery, different sound environments and our own writings, we can cultivate a heightened awareness of our integrated internal and external landscapes, bringing us into the present moment in new and unanticipated ways. We will experiment with our multi-layered practice stepping into a virtual sharing of our dancing, supporting one another in this new terrain, allowing for moments of letting go and tuning into subtle perception. Please have a clothing layer and a notebook and writing utensil.
What you need for this class:
- You can work with however much space you have
- Have an extra clothing layers on hand for time spent on the floor
- Pen and paper
- *There will also be some time spent on the floor, so a surface with a rug or mat would be supportive here.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
1. We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
2. If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
3. Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!
For more of our virtual class offerings, visit our calendar!
150 First Ave
New York, NY, 10009
May 15, 2020: 8:00pm
May 22, 2020: 8:00pm
May 29, 2020: 8:00pm