Tuesday, June 9, 2020
Studio Practice Redefined | #ArtistsAreNecessaryWorkers: Facebook Live Conversation Series
Studio Practice Redefined
Facebook Live Conversation Series
This event has already occurred. Enjoy event details below, and scroll to the bottom of the page for the post-event survey and session resources.
When: Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Where: Facebook Live
Registration: No registration required. All conversations are free and open to the public.
About: Dance/NYC a discussion with studio owners, instructors and choreographers about issues of dancer retention, safety and viability in digital instruction and safety considerations around re-opening.
Confirmed Speakers - Click speaker names to access their bios:
Please fill out our post-event survey.
- Exploring the Scope of Dance Education During Covid 19
- Safe Dance Practice in Quarantine - A Panel by IADMS and SiDI Leaders
- COVID-19 FAQ for Dancers and Dance Companies Returning to the Studios
- Informational Papers from the Task Force on Dancer Health
- Considerations for Reintegrating Into the Dance Studio
- Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
- Taking Dance Classes Online – Adapting Expectations
- Visiting Teaching Artists at Juilliard: Rennie Harris + Michelle Dorrance
- "Free to Dance" Dance Film (5 parts via Youtube)
- "An Open Letter to the Dance Community: Stay Strong—the Light Comes with the Dawn" - Written by Theresa Ruth Howard Mar 20, 2020
- "So You're Going Back to the Studio. Here's How to Prep Your Body" - Written by Jennifer Stahl
- "Dance Companies Take Baby Steps Back to Rehearsal" - Written by Alex Marshall
#DanceIsDignifiedLabor #DanceWorkforceResilience #dancenyc #nycdance
Dance/NYC convening is made possible, in part, by leadership support from the Howard Gilman Foundation and the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, and by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council, and the New York State Council on the Arts.
Dance/NYC seeks partners and speakers with a variety of viewpoints for its events with the goal of generating discussion. The inclusion of any partner or speaker does not constitute an endorsement by Dance/NYC of that partner's or speaker's views.
June 9, 2020: 5:30pm