Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Touring in a Post-COVID World | #ArtistsAreNecessaryWorkers: Facebook Live Conversation Series
Touring in a Post-COVID World
Facebook Live Conversation Series
This event has already occurred. Enjoy event details below, and scroll to the bottom of the page for the post-event survey and session resources.
About: Dance/NYC led a discussion with arts workers and presenters as they thought about the future of touring engagements.
Please fill out our post-event survey.
- Creating New Futures: Working Guidelines for Ethics & Equity in Presenting Dance & Performance
- Dance Theatre of Harlem
- Wexner Center for the Arts
- A Public Art Project Devoted to Dismantling Racism at Every Level
- 7NMS|PROPHET: The co-visioning work of composer Everett Saunders and choreographer Marjani Forté-Saunders. The two tote a revolutionary commitment to art & performance as a ministry of liberation.
- The Dynamite Experience: The DynamitExperience (TDE) is a dance company that creates visceral experiences through contemporary choreography and community engagement. Created by Artistic Director, Winston Dynamite Brown and Associate Artistic Director, Latra Wilson
- Urban Bush Women: Urban Bush Women (UBW) galvanizes artists, activists, audiences and communities through performances, artist development, education and community engagement.
#DanceIsDignifiedLabor #DanceWorkforceResilience #dancenyc #nycdance
Dance/NYC convening is made possible, in part, by leadership support from the Howard Gilman Foundation and the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, and by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council, and the New York State Council on the Arts.
Dance/NYC seeks partners and speakers with a variety of viewpoints for its events with the goal of generating discussion. The inclusion of any partner or speaker does not constitute an endorsement by Dance/NYC of that partner's or speaker's views.
July 14, 2020: 5:30pm