Producing Assistant Job Description
Dance/NYC seeks a producing assistant to support the programs department with the logistics and execution of all Dance/NYC events, maintain internal administrative structures, and coordinate with the communications department to produce marketing components.
Status: Full-Time, At-Will, Exempt
Commence Date: As soon as possible, or by August 1, 2020
Reports to: Manager of Justice, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
Supervises: Volunteers, Interns
Coordinates with: Communications Manager, Communications Assistant, Operations Manager, and Development and Grantmaking Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
Event Management (50%)
Reporting to the Manager of Justice, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives, support in the logistics and execution of Dance/NYC’s regular leadership training, networking and convening events including:
- Annual Symposium;
- Regular Town Halls: 10-12 per year, 1 focused on racial justice, and 1 focused on immigration, and 1 focused on disability;
- Digital Events and Webinars;
- Special conferences and events;
- Junior Committee (bi-weekly meetings);
- Task Force and Programmatic Committee Meetings; and
- Research and Advocacy Meetings and events.
All events are produced with accessibility and equity as priorities for serving our diverse dance constituency of people with varying disabilities and immigration statuses.
Event management responsibilities include:
- Stage and Production management;
- Coordinating Facilities, A/V and set up;
- Managing Digital platforms including: Zoom, Open Broadcast Software, Youtube, Imovie, PowerPoint;
- Development and maintenance of schedules and workflows;
- Speaker and participant coordination;
- Volunteer recruitment and management; and
- Vendor relations.
General Operations (25%)
Coordinate all aspects of internal administrative structures for the programs department, and follow existing event protocols to develop and manage replicable event (especially, programming, communications, and facilities) schedules and workflows, including:
- Management of database (NeonCRM);
- Meeting management and calendar oversight;
- Demographic data collection and analysis;
- Maintain detailed event records, tracking attendance and audience feedback through surveys following events;
- Prepare and produce relevant reporting numbers and proposal material for recurring funding sources, including grants and individual giving campaigns;
- Work collaboratively with staff to execute on additional organizational priorities as they arise; and
- Intern management.
Information Technology, Communications, and Marketing (25%)
Coordinating with the Communications Department:
- Support the creation and execution of all aspects of event communications through our website Dance.NYC, e-communications (weekly e-newsletter, special bulletins, segmented communications) and social media;
- Coordinate the production of event marketing material (online and print), sponsorship material, and ad placements as appropriate; and
- Coordinate technological enhancements to support convening and professional development efforts, including video content for the Symposium and Town Halls.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have relevant prior event and project management experience
- Be proactive, data driven, strategy minded, and thrive in fast-paced startup environments
- Be methodical and detail oriented, with excellent planning, time management, and project management skills, and able to advance multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Be current on and comfortably engaged with emerging technologies and demonstrate a commitment to technology solutions in the social enterprise space
- Have an aptitude for public speaking, strong writing skills and work with an ethos of partnership, collaboration and accountability to the communities we serve
- Be versed in the dance and/or arts and culture landscape
- A wide cross-sector network and facilitation skills are a plus