January 21 - February 25, 2019
Company: Alexandra Beller/Dances
Venue: Brooklyn Studios for Dance
Location: Brooklyn, NY
January 21-February 25, 2019
Monday evenings 6-9pm
This course is intended for both new teachers, who want to understand how to efficiently structure their material, and experienced teachers, who want to interrupt their habits and deepen their practices. We will focus on some of the essential facets of skilled teaching, including
• working from a personal voice and mission.
• developing a class session architecture that allows for growth.
• finding the balance between planning and improvising.
• deepening the ability to meet students where they are.
• inventing creative imagery and accessing clear language.
• learning about injury prevention and rehabilitation through concise anatomical understanding.
• writing about your work in a way that is evocative, clear, and compelling.
We will be moving, talking, writing, and observing through many lenses and participants will be teaching in small formats throughout the course. This course aims to help you find yourself as a teacher and to create structures that allow your students to access the material in the most efficient and joyful way.
This is for anyone who considers themselves a teacher in any medium. Although there will be movement in the workshop, all genres of material are welcome.
Art, drama, STEM, personal training, spiritual practices, writing, and bodywork would all benefit from these strategies.
210 Lafayette Ave
Brooklyn, NY, 11238
January 21, 2019: 6:00pm
January 28, 2019: 6:00pm
February 4, 2019: 6:00pm
February 11, 2019: 6:00pm
February 18, 2019: 6:00pm
February 25, 2019: 6:00pm