NYC Dance Field-Wide Calls
Join us this Fall for:
Field-Wide Call: Open Session
Thursday, September 21, 2023, 4:00–5:00 p.m. ET.
What’s going on in our studios, spaces, and community? Let’s gather and talk about it, NYC dance workers! Come together in a Zoom room hosted by Dance/NYC, facilitated by Advocacy Coordinator Stephanie Acosta, to explore timely issues from the field, learn what’s on each other’s minds, and exchange notes on ways to engage.
These open sessions will occur monthly on Thursdays at 4:00 p.m. ET. Join and share what is driving you, challenging you, inspiring you. Make new connections, bolster current ones, and learn how we can work together.
- Thursday, September 21, 2023 | 4:00–5:00 p.m. ET
- Thursday, October 19, 2023 | 4:00–5:00 p.m. ET
- Thursday, November 9, 2023 | 4:00–5:00 p.m. ET
Accessibility for the calls: CART captioning will be provided at Field-Wide Calls. ASL interpretation and additional accessibility services are available upon request with registration up to 24 hours in advance of the meeting, or by emailing email@example.com. Dance/NYC will try to accommodate requests made after this deadline but cannot guarantee the availability of access providers less than 24 hours prior to the event.
Since May 28, 2020 Dance/NYC has been hosting calls with the dance field to address pressing questions, needs, and plans for the future of dance in the metropolitan NYC area. The calls have focused on disseminating information related to COVID-19 and on facilitating resource-sharing amongst the dance community. Calls occur on select Thursdays from 4:00 pm. – 5:00 p.m. Any member of the community is welcome to attend.
Below you can find the resources that we’ve gathered, as well as the documents Dance/NYC has been updating related to the calls.
- Visit the Dance/NYC Advocacy page to take action for arts and artists.
- Visit the Advocacy Resources page to learn more about how you can get involved.
- Visit the Reopening Dance in NYC Digital Toolkit for resources and information on safe reopening practices.
- Running Agenda + Notes from Calls: To see what we’ve been discussing and access any additional resources mentioned during the calls, check this document.
Past Meeting Calendar and Topics
- 3.16.23 NYC FY2024 Budget Process
- 12.15.22 Dance Industry Census-Taking Party
- 11.17.22 Dance Industry Census-Taking Party
- 10.20.22 Dance Industry Census-Taking Party
- 9.15.22 Dance Industry Census Office Hours
- 8.16.22 Open Culture Program
- 7.21.22 Dance Industry Census
- 6.16.22 Testimony Workshop: Cultural Institutions and Disability Access | Revisit the recording
- 5.19.22 Support for Dance Artists in Ukraine
- 4.21.22 Advocacy Updates and Resources with the Dance/NYC team
- 2.17.22 Creatives Rebuild New York + Arts Insurance Program
- 1.20.22 Reopening Dance in NYC | Revisit the recording