NYC Dance Field-Wide Calls
The final Field-Wide Call: Open Session of 2023 has concluded. Thank you for joining! Stay tuned for more information about our 2024 programs.
Since May 28, 2020, Dance/NYC has been hosting calls with the dance field to address pressing questions, needs, and plans for the future of dance in the metropolitan NYC area. The calls have focused on: disseminating information related to COVID-19; exploring timely issues from the field and learn what’s on each other’s minds; facilitating resource-sharing; and exchanging notes on ways to engage. Calls occur on select Thursdays from 4:00 pm. – 5:00 p.m. Any member of the community is welcome to attend.
Accessibility for the calls: CART captioning will be provided at Field-Wide Calls. ASL interpretation and additional accessibility services are available upon request with registration up to 24 hours in advance of the meeting, or by emailing email@example.com. Dance/NYC will try to accommodate requests made after this deadline but cannot guarantee the availability of access providers less than 24 hours prior to the event.
Below you can find recordings of past calls and resources that we’ve gathered.
Past Field-Wide Call Recordings
- Testimony Workshop: Cultural Institutions and Disability Access
- Reopening Dance in NYC
- Vaccines for Dancers Town Hall
- De-escalation Training for Dance Studios
- Visit the Dance/NYC Advocacy page to take action for arts and artists.
- Visit the Advocacy Resources page to learn more about how you can get involved.
- Visit the Reopening Dance in NYC Digital Toolkit for resources and information on safe reopening practices.
- Visit our Racial Justice Resources.