Dance/NYC's mission is to promote the knowledge, appreciation, practice, and performance of dance in the metropolitan New York City area. It embeds values of justice, equity, and inclusion into all aspects of the organization. It works in alliance with Dance/USA, the national service organization for professional dance.
• 5,000+ individual dance artists
• 1,200+ dance-making entities
• 500+ nonprofit dance companies
• General public and visitors to New York
• Students, educators, and researchers
• Public and private funders
• Government and civic leaders