Table of Contents
- 2022 Coronavirus Dance Relief Fund: New York State Edition
- 2020 Coronavirus Dance Relief Fund
- 2021 Coronavirus Dance Relief Fund: Reopening Support
Dance/NYC awarded 100 individual dance makers and 65 dance making organizations/groups through the Coronavirus Dance Relief Fund: New York State Edition, made possible by the generous support of the New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA). The purpose of the Fund was to continue Dance/NYC’s existing relief efforts and mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak on individual dance makers and small-budget dance making organizations and groups with budgets between $10,000 and $250,000 based in New York State.
The grantees of Tier I represent 100 individual dance makers from thirty-five (35) counties in New York State. Grantees are majority African, Latina/o/x, Asian, Arab, and Native American (ALAANA) (51%), majority women-identifying, gender nonconforming/nonbinary/genderqueer, and/or transgender (61%), and include LGBTQIA+ (47%), immigrants (28%), and disabled dance makers (13%). A majority of grantees have annual household incomes of less than $50,000 (87%). Each grantee of Tier I received a one-time award of $1,500. Given the needs-based nature of this grant, the names of individual recipients will not be made public.
The 65 recipients of the Coronavirus Dance Relief Fund: New York State Edition Tier II for dance making organizations/groups will each receive one-time awards of $2,500-$5,000. They are:
- Adam Weinert and Dancers
- ArtPartners/Tsehaya & Company, Inc.
- Batala New York
- Bharata School of Dance & Music
- BIODANCE, Inc.
- BodyStories: Teresa Fellion Dance
- Born Dancing
- Catherine Gallant/DANCE
- Center Dance / Nancy Hughes
- Christopher Caines Dance / Can’t Sleep, Inc.
- Collectives for Arts Music & Dance
- Coopdanza, Inc.
- Dance Visions NY
- Dinizulu Cultural Arts Institute
- Divine Rhythm Productions
- DNA - Denys & Antonina
- Dual Rivet
- eba Arts
- Flamenco NYC
- Flex Dance Program Inc.
- Futurifico / Miguel Gutierrez
- Gametophyte, Inc.
- General Mischief Dance Theatre
- Grupo Cultural Latinos En Rochester
- Guilty Pleasures Cabaret
- i KADA Dance, Inc.
- Image Quilt Dance Theater
- Ithaca Ballet
- Ivy Baldwin Dance, Inc.
- J CHEN PROJECT
- jaamil olawale kosoko | KPS
- Jody Sperling/Time Lapse Dance, Inc.
- Kathryn Posin Dance Company
- Kathy Westwater Dance
- Kinding Sindaw
- LayeRhythm Productions, Inc.
- Leonardo Suarez Paz’s PIAZZOLLA 100
- Long Island Ballet Theatre
- Mare Nostrum Elements
- Mazarte Dance Company Inc.
- Michele Brangwen Dance Ensemble
- MICHIYAYA Dance Company, Inc.
- Molly Lieber and Eleanor Smith
- New Chamber Ballet
- New York Hua Xia Arts Associate Inc.
- New York State Ballet
- PALISSIMO Company
- Project Connect
- Rod Rodgers Dance Company
- Sachiyo Ito and Company
- SHIFT, Dance. Arts. & Media.
- Sol y Sombra Spanish Dance Company
- SoulJoy Wellness
- Sybarite Productions Inc.
- Sydnie L. Mosley Dances
- Tabula Rasa Dance Theater
- Tamar Rogoff Performance Projects
- The Gloria Eve Performing Arts Foundation, Inc.
- The Love Show NYC
- Thresh Performing Arts Collaborative
- Vanessa Anspaugh
- WHITE WAVE Young Soon Kim Dance Company
- Womba Africa Drumming and Dance
Grantees of both program tiers were selected by separate review panels of representatives from the dance field across New York State and were among a pool of over 374 and 100 New York State individual dance makers and dance making organizations/groups respectively who submitted applications in response to an open call. Additional information on grant requirements and eligibility can be found at the top of this page.
Announcement of Coronavirus Dance Relief Fund: New York State Edition Grantees (August 11, 2022)