Monday, June 20, 2022
Flamenco Vivo seeks Part-Time HR & Operations Manager
Company: Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: $28,000-$38,000 annually
About the Position
The Human Resource & Operations Manager (HR & OM) is responsible for managing and improving the efficiency of the organization's operations. The HR & OM thrives on making things happen – from facilitating information sharing systems among staff, to making sure the office and our technologies are operating effectively and efficiently. The HR & OM is detail-oriented and loves to find new and better ways to support Flamenco Vivo and its team.
This new part time role, reporting to the Executive Director, is primarily remote with occasional travel required to NYC for important meetings and events. The HR & OM will set their own hours in consultation with the Executive Director and work an average of 20 hours per week.
Human Resources: The HR & OM works with the Executive Director to manage employee onboarding and offboarding; payroll processes; employee relations; benefits administration, including health, and fringe benefits; compliance; and staff development and evaluation.
Operations and IT Infrastructure: The HR & OM manages our infrastructure: office, systems (GSuite, PatronManager CRM, and more), vendors, and equipment. They liaise with our IT consultants and vendors to ensure functional operation of computers, printers, phones, and other office equipment (remote and onsite). The HR & OM is part of the team that thinks about the Flamenco Vivo office of the future – whether that is in-person, remote, or hybrid - and helps ensure the organization is in compliance with local COVID-related mandates.
Programming support: The HR & OM works cross-functionally with the Artistic Director and Program Team to execute program-specific vendor contracts throughout the season (including venues, contracted artists, photographers, tech personnel and more). The HR & OM keeps our internal Company event calendar up to date, coordinates staff travel logistics and sources attendance figures from all Company events for tracking and reporting.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in an HR and/or operations role
- Be excited about creative problem solving and finding innovative ways to design for efficiency within Flamenco Vivo’s existing operational structure.
- Be detail oriented and extremely organized. This role requires you to wear many hats, often simultaneously; so it is imperative to maneuver seamlessly between tasks!
- Enjoy a collaborative office culture and also be comfortable generating ideas, setting goals, and running with them.
- Be looking to marry their skillset with a passion for our mission specifically and arts and culture more broadly.
Compensation: Part-time salaried position ranging from $28,000-$38,000 annually. Compensation includes paid vacation, flexible time, and holidays.
How To Apply
To be considered for the position, please email all of the items below to Hanaah Bates at [email protected] and include “HR & Operations Manager” in the email’s subject line. The deadline to apply is July 22nd but interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications ASAP.
1. An original cover letter including your interest in the position and Flamenco Vivo.
2. A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your professional and educational experience.
3. A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. References will not be contacted without your prior consent.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.flamenco-vivo.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is an equal opportunity employer. All positions are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
About the Company:
Founded in 1983, Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is one of America’s premier flamenco companies. We serve more than 35,000 people nationwide each year through far-reaching programs that entertain, educate and empower. Our mission is to promote flamenco as a living art form and a vital part of Hispanic heritage; produce and perform high quality dance works; provide arts education programs that catalyze connections among young people; and nurture the next generations of Spanish dance artists and educators. Learn more at www.flamenco-vivo.org.
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana
4 West 43rd Street Suite 608
New York, NY, 10036
For more information: