Saturday, February 22, 2020
One Week to Apply! SMUSH Moves, Vol. 10 (Deadline 2/29)
One week left to apply! Deadline 2/29 - Show us what you're working with!
Perform at SMUSH Moves, Vol. 10 - it's the one you've been waiting for! Vol. 10 is the last planned installment of our SMUSH Moves series. If you've been waiting for the right time to submit for this series, it's now. <3
SMUSH Moves is an up-close-and-personal evening of dance and performance hosted by SMUSH Gallery in Jersey City. Past presenters include Kyle Marshall, Parijat Desai, Dare Ayorinde, Thryn Saxon, Sebastian Abarbanell, paspe/moves, Ross Daniel, Symara Johnson, and many more.
Thursday, April 16, 2020
Time commitment for performers: 6:30-9:45p
Location: 340 Summit Ave, Jersey City (10 minutes' walk from the Journal Square PATH station)
SMUSH Moves - Know Before You Apply:
- this event is for dance and other movement-based performance (broad interpretations welcome!)
- $10 application fee, no production fee
- 10 minutes max preferred
- Venue is small (9''x16' performance space, 3/4 thrust style) and low tech (very limited theatrical lighting) - please plan accordingly
- Performers and choreographers are kindly asked to stay for the entire performance and the beginning of the reception
- Documentary video may be purchased for appx. $35 per piece
- SMUSH Gallery may also take informal photographs or short videos of the performance; these will be shared with performers
- Applications are accepted through February 29; notification will be given by March 11.
- questions may be directed to Katelyn (email@example.com)
APPLY HERE <3
Thank you for applying!
Visit our Opportunities page for information on other programs at SMUSH, including applications for our Summer 2020 Arts Residency program (deadline March 15), studio memberships, WORK/SHARE artist feedback sessions (next one 3/22), and rolling request for proposals.
340 Summit Ave
Jersey City, NJ, 07306
For more information: