June 18 - July 10, 2020
Best Practices: We Support Learning Professional Development for Dance Teachers
The School of Dance will host it's 2nd annual Best Practices: We Support Learning Professional Development for Dance Teachers | From July 6-10 (11 a.m.- 5 p.m.) this Summer online!
Join us for a week-long opportunity to immerse yourselves amongst professional practitioners, share best practices, and further teaching artistry. Don't miss an opportunity to contribute to the conversation of dance education as a tool in transforming learning into meaningful acquisitions of knowledge, from the comfort of your homes! Participating seasoned or new educators, community dance practitioners, Dance Education undergraduates/graduates, dance studio owners, and K-12 teachers, will have an opportunity to:
· Observe virtual classes taught by Ballet Hispánico faculty in a myriad of dance genres.
· Develop class structures and lesson plans for all age groups and levels.
· Interact with culturally responsive pedagogy, and benchmarks for early-childhood, elementary, middle, and high school curriculums.
· Learn how to engage diverse learners.
· Use music to enhance teaching with an accompanist and/or a recorded music playlist.
· Understand classroom management in studios, classrooms, and community settings.
· Network with educators in the field.
· Delve into best practices for online and hybrid instruction.
167 W 89th St NYC, NY 1002
New York, NY, 1002
June 18, 2020: 8:00am
June 19, 2020: 8:00am
June 22, 2020: 11:00am
June 23, 2020: 8:00am
June 24, 2020: 8:00am