2021 Digital Symposium
Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 20, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The 2021 Symposium will convene on an all-in-one digital conference platform. Platform features include: video live-streaming, speaker and audience engagement, community bulletin board, virtual expo hall, sponsor placement, and more.
All sessions will include closed captions.
All live sessions will include ASL interpretation.
About the 2021 Symposium:
As the only gathering of its kind for the dance community in the metropolitan New York City area, the Symposium is a meeting place for the dance field, to exchange ideas, expand networks, sharpen organizational practices, and deepen the inquiry around New York City’s legacy and trajectory of dance-making.
- Albert Blackstone, Director, MOMEN; Faculty, Broadway Dance Center
- Ami Scherson, Member, Dance/NYC Junior Committee
- Ana "Rokafella" Garcia, Managing Director, Full Circle Souljahs
- Eva Yaa Asantewaa, Senior Director of Artist Development & Curation; Editorial Director, Gibney
- Juan José Escalante, Executive Director, José Limón Foundation
- Julia del Palacio, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Kupferberg Center for the Arts
- Laurel Lawson, Choreographer, Kinetic Light; Artist-Engineer, Rose Tree Productions
- Nelida Tirado, Artistic Director & Teacher of Nelida Tirado Flamenco
- Niya Nicholson, Managing Director, MOVE(NYC) Foundation, Inc.
- Parijat Desai, Artistic Director, Parijata Dance Company
- Remi Harris, Programs Manager, Center for Performance Research
- Sydnie L. Mosley, Artistic Director, Sydnie L. Mosley Dances
- Zavé Martohardjono, Artist
Leadership support is provided by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and the Howard Gilman Foundation. The Symposium is also supported, in part, by funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council.
No results found